PLANiTULSA Web Page is Changing
Look for changes in the near future as we redirect our web content to Planning's page on the City of Tulsa website. We will continue to provide timely information about Planning events, initiatives and activities.
Thank you for your patience!
Small Area Plans Status - 4 Plans Adopted
City staff is pleased to report that all 4 small area plans initiated in 2012 have been adopted by the TMAPC and approved by City Council.
For each of these plans please visit the specific links below to download and review the adopted plans, and for information regarding planning processes and community engagement.
- Eugene Field - effective June 2013
- 36th Street North - effective December 2013
- Utica Midtown (North / South) - effective January 2014
- West Highlands/Tulsa Hills - effective April 2014
PLANiTULSA Implementation Timeline
The PLANiTULSA Implementation Timeline illustrates the expected timeframe for completing the action steps outlined in the PLANiTULSA Strategic Plan, which was developed to prioritize the specific actions needed to implement the Comprehensive Plan recommendations.
Moving Forward with the Tulsa Comprehensive Plan
Since the adoption of the Tulsa Comprehensive Plan (PLANiTULSA) in 2010, the City of Tulsa has initiated key implementation strategies as outlined in the Strategic Plan. The Strategic Plan is the centerpiece of the City’s planning activities, as prescribed in the Comprehensive Plan.
Post-PLANiTULSA implementation highlights include:
- Hiring by the City of Tulsa of Dawn T. Warrick, Director of Planning and Development in December 2011.
- Development and adoption of 4 small area plans.
- Selection a consultant and ensuing work to update the City of Tulsa's Zoning Code
- City Council adoption of a Complete Streets Policy
- Reorganization of the City's planning and development related functions into one division.
As the City of Tulsa Planning & Development Department continues its implementation of the Tulsa Comprehensive Plan, those activities will be listed on this website.
If you have any questions regarding PLANiTULSA please contact:
Martha Schultz, Planner III - Long-Range Planning / Small Area Plans
Theron Warlick, Planner III - Plan Implementation
PLANiTULSA is on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn!
Join the mailing list
Don't forget to sign up on the PLANiTULSA interest list (on the right hand sidebar) to receive updates on the progress of the Plan. We want you to stay in touch and informed.