Tulsa World: 5 Questions with John Fregonese
Friday, February 12th, 2010
Interview by Robert Evatt, Tulsa World staff writer
John Fregonese is president of Fregonese Associates, a Portland, Ore.-based planning firm that specializes in visioning, comprehensive and small-area planning, implementation strategies and public involvement strategies. His company was hired by the city of Tulsa to develop a new comprehensive plan through the PlaniTulsa process.
In this interview, John responds to the following questions:
- What are the biggest ways the city has changed since then that have made modifications to the plan necessary?
- In a nutshell, what are Tulsa's greatest strengths and weaknesses?
- How does Tulsa's downtown compare to those of similar-size cities? What is the best way to encourage development there?
- What's the best way to encourage housing growth within Tulsa in light of competition from suburbs and their abundant space?
- What should the strategy be for commercial development?